Thursday, June 5, 2008

Listening Ears

My first official blog will be dedicated to what occurred in my home only moments ago.

Sundae: "Hooby," (I have his attention) "listen to what happened on Wednesday night..."

(Aaron has already lost focus and turned his head back to the t.v.)

Sundae: "Ahem! Are you listening to me?!"

(He slowly turns his head towards me, eyes still fixed on the Goonies on t.v.)

Sundae: "I know you're not paying attention to me if you're looking at the t.v."

(No response)

Sundae: "Nevermind." (I am irritated)


A few minutes later... and coincidentally a commercial...

Aaron: "Are you mad about something?"

Sundae: "Oh, it's nothing!"

This is the end of the dialogue. He does not press why I'm irritated, nor does he ask what it was that I was trying to tell him in the first place. If I never spoke again, I'm not sure he would notice.

5 comments:

Ryan and LeDawn said...

Yippeee!!! You are now a blogger and the obession starts now! I just got back in town so as soon as I get a few spare moments I will explain all the little things to you. :)

Katy said...

Welcome to blogging! I'm glad you figured the basics out, like posting. I think you would need to call me if wanted anything else explained - you know what that is right? Talking on a phone? No, it's not with the fingers typing out crazy abbreviations...kids these days.

I'm excited to see pictures of Gage and you are a pretty funny writer sis.

Carie said...

holy crap sundae that is so something that would happen at my house... wait... it does happen at my house on a DAILY BASIS!! i am so glad you are new into blogging too!!

Lynda said...

You're all freaks, especially you Cari Ann

Ryan and LeDawn said...

Sunny, I want to see more pics of Gage!!! I ahven't seen you in AGES!!! I miss you!